Friday 1 August 2014

DIPTYQUE

diptyque everything. I would wear diptyque and nothing else if I could. Their perfumes are wonderfully nostalgic for a time I've never seen, or places I haven't yet been to. Philosykos for day (the heats of a Greek summer, journeying through the fig tree fields to get to the sea,) and Tam Dao by night (brings you the heat of the Goan jungle, with hot notes of the most precious of all sandalwoods.)

I love that each of their scents has a tale, a heavy tale and a clear vision. When you read about the insipration for each one, you inhale and are almost there. To transcend a vision so clearly is quite the skill, and diptyque do it very, very well.

On to candles, Feu De Bois for the living room, a heavy wooded scent. Baies for the bedroom, a bouquet of berries, and Genevrier for the bathroom, the purity of juniper. Even unlit, the whole room smells incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment